Hafen School Library Rules & Policy
Library Day _____________________
Soon we will begin circulating library backpacks to the Kindergarten classes. Please discuss the following with your student. Both the student and the adult should sign and return the signature portion of this form to their classroom teacher. These will be kept on file in the library.
NOTE: These policies can also be found on the Hafen School website at http://hafen.nye.k12.nv.us/ click on "Library" in the left column. Click on Forms to find the procedures.
Student: Please read with your parent/guardian.
• Kindergartener's may borrow 1 backpack at a time from the Hafen School Library.
• The class visits the library once a week. The student may keep the backpack for one week. The student is responsible for returning the backpack, books and/or items inside the backpack he/she borrowed.
• If the backpack is not returned within 1 week, an overdue notice will be issued to the student through the classroom teacher.
• The student will not be allowed to borrow another backpack until the overdue backpack is returned.
• Lost backpacks or books inside the backpack should be paid for (replacement fee) or replaced with a new copy of the book. Please inform the classroom teacher of any lost library books/backpack or replacement of a book.
Parents/Guardians we recommend that:
• You develop a routine with your student to help them remember Library Day and bring their library backpack to school.
• The student should make a special place to keep their Hafen School library books and backpack at home (i.e., a basket by the bed).
If a book is 0verdue or lost:
• Student Check-out privileges will be temporarily suspended.
• The student should look in their backpack, in the classroom, in the car and at home for overdue books.
• Notices about overdue items will be issued to the student through the classroom teacher.
• No fines are assessed for overdue items.
When several overdue notices have been issued, we will presume the backpack is lost. At this point we will talk to the teacher and student and suggest they talk to their parent/guardian about the lost item. I will then send a letter home to the parent/guardian with the amount due to replace the lost backpack. If the backpack is returned after payment has been made, you will be given a refund.
• Find the item.
• Pay the replacement fee.
• Purchase a replacement copy of the book for the library.
Replacement fees can be found on the overdue notice and can be paid in cash or money orders. Money Orders should be made payable to the Hafen Elementary School. The fee or book should be given to the classroom teacher.
Mrs. Brooks, Hafen Elementary School Librarian
Hafen Elementary School Library Policy Acknowledgement
Please sign and return the signature portion of this form to the classroom teacher. I agree to follow the Library rules and take care of the books I borrow.
Class _____________________ Date _____________________
Student's Signature ____________________________________
I have read the student policy with my child; I understand the rules and policies of the Hafen School Library; and I will support my child as a Hafen School Library patron.
Parent's signature _____________ Date ________________